Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Band to play on

Kate Parker Adams kate at dnki.net
Sun Jan 23 15:52:41 MST 2005

Then The Bennies would certainly freak you out, Beth.  I saw them on tour
with The Pixies. The lead singer/lead guitarist weighs about 50lbs, is
bizarrely contorted by some adverse birth outcome, is carried on/off stage
by either the drummer or the bassist, and likes loud clothing and prefers
the descriptive term "cripple".  On the other hand, no one can take their
eyes off the guy, and he does know what he is doing with that guitar.

Who needs a working body when you got yerself a guitar and a microphone to
wail and screech into, and some friends to back you up.