Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Oils are back

Ross Locket rosslocket at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 11 19:52:31 MST 2005

The Oils are back performaing again.  Check out the website:
http://www.waveaid.com.au

       > > ARTISTS > >

      MIDNIGHT OIL announce they will be a part of WAVEAID - the tsunami
relief concert - 29 January, 2005, Sydney Cricket Ground.

      "We are highly motivated to join fellow Australian performers in what
will be a momentous occasion. For this is clearly a time in history for
everyone to pitch in and help the people who are struggling to hold on to
their lives in the wake of such a shattering event. On such an occasion
Midnight Oil hopes all fans will come out and make 'Waveaid' a huge
fundraising success." Peter Garrett – Midnight Oil

      When asked about the invitation to the band to join WAVEAID, Midnight
Oil manager, Gary Morris said, “All these great Aussie bands with their big
hearts and their great talent together with their hot managers have the
combined capability to make a great Aussie gesture of funds and compassion
with some solemn songs and happy encouragement. How could Midnight Oil
resist such a great invitation from such a pedigree of Australians. We are
happy to come along and do our bit.”

Ross