Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] ALP

Beth Curran bcurran at columbus.rr.com
Fri Sep 10 04:38:41 MDT 2004

Oh no, don't tell me Australian politicians are trying to pass those bigoted
so-called "defense of marriage" laws too!

Marty brings up a good point:  if you want to work for change, and you have
fundamental objections to standards set by a powerful organization with
which you have disagreements, do you try and effect change from within that
organization or from a point external to it?  Is the outcome what really
matters, or does having joined the group imply a reduction in adherence to
your principles?  I don't know what I would have done given the situation,
but it'll be interesting to follow PG's platform as it evolves.    So Marty,
I guess I'll adopt a "wait and see" attitude.  thanks for the
thought-provoking post. - Beth