Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] US Radio Spot

Robin Johnson robin_m_johnson at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 4 08:28:15 MDT 2004

Hi:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet (I haven't read through all the
posts lately), but I thought you all might find this interesting.

I was getting ready for work earlier this week and I had the radio on in the
background.  All of a sudden I heard a bit of "Power and the Passion".
"Cool" I thought.  Since we don't often hear the Oil's on US radio, I
stopped what I was doing to enjoy it.  Unfortunately, it was a super-short
blip of it in an ad for a radio show........now, I'm not sure how many
people outside of the US know about the show it was advertising........I
don't know if the Oil's would approve.......it was for Rush Limbaugh!  The
most hateful, right-wing, "there is no such thing as global warning", who
came up with "strong women are femi-nazi's", "What wrong with Yucca Mountain
anyway" person in the US.  He's evil.

Since Monday, I've heard the ad every morning.

Yikes.

Robin