Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Survey

Duane Heath duaneh at mweb.co.za
Thu Sep 2 06:16:57 MDT 2004

1.  what's your name? Duane Heath
2.  where do you live?  Cape Town
3. How old are you?  31
4.  what do you do for a living?  Sports writer
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils? Beds
6.  how old were you when you heard it?  14
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
Capricornia - Head Injuries.
8.  favorite energetic song?  Is it now
9.  favorite slow song?  One country
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  US Forces
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? bakerman
12.  Martin or Jim? jim
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? All of
ESM
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard
a single song before buying it?  RW, HI, first album.
15.  do you play any instruments?  Drums, inspired by seeing them in jhb ten
years ago now. Actually enrolled in music school for a year thanks to rob.
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would
you go? antarctica
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of
any environmental/social activist cause?  My mates ben and simon and I tried
to sabotage the local sewage plant that was spewing its stuff onto our
beach.
18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? Many.
19.  Bones or Giffo? bones.
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin? Scream in blue.