Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 7:30 Report

rick rickysan at speedlink.com.au
Thu Oct 14 18:31:38 MDT 2004

                  I must say i disagree...

       I don't think Mark Latham did much wrong...I voted Labor

        NO - ONE would have got the Labor party over the line with
unemployment and intersest rates low....To my mind that was the number 1
factor...With so many people mortgaged up to the eyeballs,i have no doubt
that if interest rates were 10% and drifting that the election would have
been a cliff hanger..

          As much as i would love Pete to be prime minister i would be
AMAZED if it happened...Australia seems to be becoming a more conservative
country by the year...To my mind,it would take a miracle for someone with
such strong feelings about aboriginal rights and asylum seekers to get
widespread community support....which i consider a shame....

                           Rick