Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC Lurking and Politics - NMOC

Erik Fernandez fernandezerik at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 4 18:45:49 MST 2004

To say "it is more appropriate to post regarding SPECIFIC issues that the
Oils are 'about' rather than
some broad political message" seems a bit out of place. How could you say
the election of the most anti environmental president in the history of the
US has nothing to do with what the oils believe in seems absurd. I seem to
remember them playing an anti logging protest in BC - Bush is the
unabashedly pro logging, cut it all, no tree left behind. I remember a
protest concert against exxon in NYC - and Bush is unarguably tied to the
oil industry. You can kiss the endangered species act good bye(yes it's a
congressional act, but guess who enforces it), adios to civil liberties, all
environmental safeguards will be purely voluntary. If expressing my opinion
bothers you, and your goal is to censor the list of new people expressing
opinions then just come out and say so.
Erik