Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Apologies

Beth Curran bcurran at columbus.rr.com
Thu Nov 4 04:19:09 MST 2004

The village idiots are running the show worldwide, it seems.  Last night Jon
Stewart (who hosts an acerbic late-night political humor show) said that the
US election results showed clearly that the stagnant economy and a prolonged
undeclared and mishandled war seem to matter less to US citizens than the
spectre of "two dudes kissing."  Here in my own home state we passed a
constitutional amendment, no less, denying an entire segment of our
population any type of rights to form anything approaching a partnership,
even the right to assign legal responsibility in the event of incapacity.
I'm so ashamed - Beth