Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True History of the Kelly Gang

tfrommer at mindspring.com tfrommer at mindspring.com
Wed May 19 10:29:38 MDT 2004

After my last bitchy post, I felt I need to improve the tone. I just finished Peter Carey's book on the *bus ride* to work this morning. I thought it was pretty good, maybe a 7 on a 1->10 scale. Anyone else read it? Anyone read any of the non-fiction Kelly-related books Carey refers to in his acknowledgments? Anyone wish Ned Kelly was king?

--Tim

P.S. Other works refereneced: "Ned Kelly: A Short Life" -- Ian Jones; "The Kelly Outbreak" -- John McQuilton; "Harry Power: Tutor of Ned Kelly" -- Gary Dean adn Kevin Passey "Ned Kelly, the Authentic Illustrated Story" -- Keith McMenomy