Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The new DVD

[name removed] damienwieland at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 00:39:32 MST 2004

Geez i could not be happier than to see these two DVD's and i think it's a
pretty awesome thing that
it's another fan who is the person who has really got behind this project
and has no doubt been fighting
the good fight to get more Oils for our buck on these great DVD's. Seeing
capitol in widescreen will
rock my world in a big way (oh look now i can see Martin too in that shot!)
and knowing that Justin has a pretty awesome C.V. as a colorist, those
paisley shirts and jumpsuits will now be there in their awful
glory for us to enjoy for years to come. Not to mention the surround mixes
done buy Jim (that's got to be
a beautiful thing putting the job of mixing in the guitar players hands!)
and extras too! what are you complaining about then? (you don't even know
what the extras are, it could have some of which you
ask for anyway). If i am not mistaken a few years ago Justin asked all of us
on this same list to vote
for which Oils shows we wanted to see on DVD anyway (and these are what we
all chose then).
I remember asking Rob when this was first talked about a few years ago
..."what about MTV, Exxon etc...?" and he said "geez let us get the old
rockin' stuff done first Dames!"
So i would be saying right now folks thanks Justin! and make sure you are
thankful for these (because how could you not be?) and if it's been a
success maybe the band might give us more in time. Till then
i know what's going to be driving my neighbors nutty turned right up to 11.

Damien.