Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: The DVD!

Rhonda kayak at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 10 20:06:09 MDT 2004

Totally agree!  Even though Stand In Line's bass part was originally
done by Andrew (Bear) James, Giffo did a wicked job with it and was
smokin' the other songs as well.  Still love the Montreal Spectrum 1985
version of Sleep, just for the bass part alone.  His vocals were just
fine...smooth, good harmonies....and he was really fun to watch....all
that bouncing around, like the Energizer Bunny!

I'm wondering, however, what the hell he did to his bass....if you look
close at the zoomed-in shot during Capitol Theatre's "Brave Faces," not
too long after Pete's altercation with the microphone stand, it looks
like he did something with bad orange paint and green duct tape to the
back of the bass.  Perhaps it was the lights, but anybody have ideas as
to what that was?  The front looks good, but the back looked pretty rough.

Too bad the road life got to him, he should have stuck around.  But I'm
sure he's not complaining about his present career either.

Rhonda

Jeremie wrote