Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] OILSIVE TREE CORRECTIONS

Peter Scott Poitras ppoitras at charter.net
Tue Jan 6 05:58:45 MST 2004

I think the concern here is that the Live Project people do want to be directly responsible for bringing about the following hypothetical situation:

1) Live Project available via mp3 online.
2) Fan A downloads mp3s, burns to CD for own ease of listening enjoyment.
3) Trades copies of CDs with Fan B, noting source was mp3.
4) Fan B trades with Fan C, who trades with Fan D, etc, and somewhere along the way the source being mp3 gets lost.
5) People complain on Oils List that Live Project is sourced from mp3s, why didn't anyone say so?!?

Frankly, anyone down the tree could post their copies as mp3s if they wanted to.  However, as a trader, I can understand why the Live Project people would not want to be the sources of the mp3s for this collection.

Not trying to speak for anyone, this is just my idea of why I think people wouldn't want to tree the collection via mp3s.

Pete