Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] HMMM..

Matthew Wightwick madboy_92001 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 24 23:51:53 MST 2004

Jeff makes an excellent point here: that the musical,
though using Midnight Oil's songs, and with a story
inspired by Midnight Oil's songs, could only be taken
as my interpretation of the songs. And I have to admit
that there may have been one or two plot points that
Midnight Oil could have felt did not represent their
own personal feelings. (Though if that had been the
case, then surely they would've told me?)

That being said, I do feel that my musical would've
been a greater tribute to the band than this dance
cover. And maybe even opened some more people's eyes
(ears?) to Midnight Oil's music. Showed them that
they're more than just a protest band. Because I
would've had a hard time writing a musical around just
protest songs.

I'd like to thank everybody who has expressed interest
in the idea of a musical. I guess all we can hope is
that Midnight Oil change their plans at some future
point!

-Matthew Wightwick