Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Survey :)

mdevall1 at nc.rr.com mdevall1 at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 31 23:52:58 MDT 2004

1.  What's your name?  Michael.
2.  Where do you live?  Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina.
3.  How old are you?  30.
4.  What do you do for a living?  Office Manager.
5.  What was the first song you heard by the Oils?  Beds Are Burning.
6.  How old were you when you heard it?  14.
7.  What are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
       Diesel & Dust, Earth & Sun & Moon.
8.  Favorite energetic song?  Bullroarer.
9.  Favorite slow song?  Outbreak Of Love.
10. Which song(s) defines the Oils?  More than ya think. ;)
11. What song is *least* characteristic of the Oils?  Hard to say.
12. Martin or Jim?  Both.
13. What Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love?  None.
14. Did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a single song
       before buying it?  Breathe, but it was a promotional CD.
15. Do you play any instruments?  Alto/soprano/tenor/baritone saxophone,
       alto/bass/contrabass clarinet.
16. If you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would you go?
       Antarctica.
17. Have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of any
       environmental/social activist cause?  I did contact NC Water Quality to have
       litter cleaned up from the Tar River which got backed up after Hurricane Fran.
18. Have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?  I don't dream much. :P
19. Bones or Giffo?  I'm more familiar with Bones than Giffo, so that doesn't help.
20. What forgotten song deserves another spin?  No Time For Games.