Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Lauren Hafner lauren_hafner at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 17:34:45 MDT 2004

1. what's your name? Lauren
2. where do you live? Philly, PA, USA, as of two weeks ago
3. how old are you? 28
4. what do you do for a living? pediatric health care research
5. what was the first song you heard by the Oils? Beds
6. how old were you when you heard it? probably 13
7. what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other? 10-1, Capricornia
8. favorite energetic song? Sometimes or Kosciuszko
9. favorite slow song? Maralinga
10. what song(s) defines the Oils? One Country
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? Drop In the Ocean
12. Martin or Jim? must have both
13. what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? Who Can Stand In the Way
14. did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard
a single song before buying it? everything except Diesel and Dust, BSM
15. do you play any instruments? lapsed Suzuki violin player
16. if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would you go? well, recently drove through Harrisburg...
17. have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of
any environmental/social activist cause? They keep my general consciousness in check, and I've tried to be diligent about looking up unfamiliar social/political references.
18. have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? don't think so
19. Bones or Giffo? Bones!
20. what forgotten song deserves another spin? Burnie