Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

mbtigger mbtigger at charter.net
Mon Aug 30 15:43:19 MDT 2004

1 .  what's your name?   Michael
2.  where do you live?   Washinton State - USA
3.  how old are you?   39
4.  what do you do for a living?   Former Chemist - Stay at home father
right now
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?   I must have heard
beds in the late 80's , but I don't recall it. The first song I really
paid attention to was Blue Sky Mine
6.  how old were you when you heard it?   24 or 25
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
10,9,8..   ESM
8.  favorite energetic song?   Sometimes (maybe Hercules)
9.  favorite slow song?   acoustic "In The Valley"
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  Somtimes, Lucy country.. Ok all of
them...
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils?  Blot (mostly
because it is my least favorite Oils Song)
12.  Martin or Jim?   Please don't make me choose!
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love?
Concrete
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having
heard a single song before buying it?   Breathe, for sure. Shortly after
buying BSM in 1990 I saw them in concert and bought all the back
catalogue within a few months. Thanks to the internet I have been able
to hear a song or two off the last couple albums before they were
available HITS
15.  do you play any instruments?   I have been teaching myself guitar
over the last 18 monts
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would you go?  Bondi
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part
of any environmental/social activist cause?   Not really, I am more of
an environmental "Passivist".
18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?   They have appered in a
dream or two - but were never the main subject.
19.  Bones or Giffo?   Bones - for vocal reasons.
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin?   Written in the Heart

Time to add one...
21. Which much maligned Oils song deserves another chance? - Drop in the
Ocean.