Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Mathias Hermansson mathias.hermansson at invmed.gu.se
Sun Aug 29 23:43:19 MDT 2004

1.  what's your name?  Mathias (Herman is just a nickname)
2.  where do you live?  Gothenburg, Sweden
3.  how old are you?  31
4.  what do you do for a living?  Engineer. Computers and network and stuff.
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils? TDH or possibly Put down
that weapon
6.  how old were you when you heard it?  13 or maybe 14.
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?  RSITS
and ESM
8.  favorite energetic song? Naaah, I like the slow ones better...
9.  favorite slow song?  Oooh, there are many. Too many to mention...
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils? Power and the passion
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? Kingdom of Flaunt
12.  Martin or Jim?  Both!
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? The
accoustic version of Burnie on SIB
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a
single song before buying it? MO, HI, BN, RSITS, ESM, Breathe, RW,
Capricornia.
15.  do you play any instruments?  I own two instruments but I never play
them and don't know how to.
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would
you go? Antarctia
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of
any environmental/social activist cause? I think I would have donated all of
my money to the WWF anyway...
18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? No, sorry.
19.  Bones or Giffo?  Both
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin? Now or never land

/Herman