Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Jeff McLean jeffm at jeack.com.au
Mon Aug 30 19:34:16 MDT 2004

1.  what's your name?  Jeff
2.  where do you live?  Airport West (Cultural Centre of the Universe),
Victoria, Australia
3.  how old are you?  34
4.  what do you do for a living?  IT Consultant for an essential mail and
imaging company.
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?  Power and the Passion
(and I hated it and the Oils passionately...)
6.  how old were you when you heard it?  early teens.
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
(best) Redneck/Capricornia/Place Without a Postcard (worst) 10-1 (crikey,
that's harsh...in the strict sense of the word 'album', it would be 20kW
RSL)
8.  favorite energetic song?  Stand In Line
9.  favorite slow song?  Nothing Lost, Nothing Gained
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  No Time For Games (MMM's 20th Birthday
concert)
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? bakerman
12.  Martin or Jim?  Jim (I would give a similar answer to #19, if i didn't
think Jim, in my humblest / minimally informed opinion was the best
guitarist i'd ever heard live by a country mile...)
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? written
in the heart
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a

single song before buying it?  yes - most of them
15.  do you play any instruments?  no
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would
you go? mountains of burma
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of
any environmental/social activist cause?  most certainly - acf central
melbourne branch convenor
18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?  yes!
19.  Bones or Giffo?  dumb question - will not grace it with an answer.
cannot, and should not, choose.
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin?  if ned kelly was king
http://www.jeack.com.au