Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] More musings on Oils songs

Beth Curran bcurran at columbus.rr.com
Sat Apr 3 15:16:03 MST 2004

Joe and I got into a fairly spirited musical debate the other day, which
began when the radio played one of Prince's songs.  Neither of us like
Prince but I think some of his work has a lot of artistic merit - just
because most of it isn't to my taste doesn't mean it's crap.  You don't
have to like something to recognize it as quality work.  And on the
other hand, I listen to and enjoy a lot of music that I'd be the first
one to admit has very little real artistic merit.

So my fellow Workers, which song of the Oils has the greatest artistic
merit?  Which one shows the highest degree of musicianship as a
composition and as a performance? - Beth