Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:29:43 -0400

If you are ripping stuff to .mp3 for your computer sound system, there is a
freeware player called Ashampoo that allows you to adjust the levels at
which your tracks play back such that you don't turn it up for an older
track and then blow yer winders out on the next.

Ashampoo also plays any mixture of a number of formats - I originally found
it for ogg vorbis.

kPa

At 06:28 PM 9/10/03 +1000, [name removed] wrote:
>  Yes you are right Rick, the volume is much lower on the early
>  albums and if you have nice Hi Fi this is to your advantage.
>  Unfortunately CD mastering standards dropped in recent years
>  and the American Music Industry standard is to make em really
>  loud so it sounds huge at all times over the radio and out of your
>  shitty little boom box. Though once you put these discs on great
>  Hi Fi you don't get the same amount of modulation from your
>  music (as you would older CD's or some that are mastered in the
>  UK).

Kate Parker Adams
kate@dnki.net
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in,
She's gonna dream out loud" - U2 (Zooropa)
go Out Of Mind ... http://www.dnki.net/blog