Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC : oilish music (Bad Language Warning - don't open if easily offended)

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:52:01 +0100 (BST)

On Sep 9, Maurice R. Kelly wrote:

> I have to place agreement with Jeff here - for all the abuse he gets in
> the media, I belive Marilyn Manson is a powerful lyricist - he uses shock
> value to get his messages to the masses, but I love listening to the
> lyrics just as much as the crunching sounds. Songs like The Love Song and
> The Nobodies are fantastic - although I find that a lot of his material is
> written from the point of view of the people he is trying to criticise.

Sorry to reply to my own post but I forgot to add one of my favourite
lines by Marilyn Manson (although I'm sure after quoting it here someone
can tell me he borrowed it from elsewhere.) Anyway...

"The death of one is a tragedy
The death of a million is just a statistic"

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk