Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: NMOC: World Cup

JCC jccuneo@mail.bellsouth.net
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:36:40 -0500

At 12:10 AM 10/7/2003 +0300, you wrote:
>Björn wrote:
>
>"I stayed up tonight and watched our girls beat Canada. Go Sweden,
>go!"
>
>I don't know much about rugby, but I'd very much rather watch the
>rugby than watch girls beating other girls. Watching girls trying to
>play soccer is even worse than watching girls trying to play ice
>hockey. ;-)

Let's see, watching hot blonde athletic fast women (in short shorts, no
less) play is somehow worse than watching big ugly guys with shredded
ears?  I'll take the Swedes, thanks. ;-)

Honestly, though, that Sweden Canada game was about as well played a
women's game as I have seen.  And I don't know who Sweden's right winger
was, but damn she made the others look slow.  They were a pleasure to watch
from any athletic perpective - i.e. they were flat out good.

Take care.