Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] waaaaahhhhhh!

Erin Oneill Erin.Oneill@newcastle.edu.au
Sun, 25 May 2003 16:26:30 +1000

--Boundary_(ID_P4CZnP4FMY3Skcc8qVePwQ)

I remember the gig well (got no idea what songs were played I just =
remember that amazing feeling of being locked into the music).  Mum and =
Dad were above and behind me and I remember looking over my shoulder and =
seeing the oldies just gettin' down and boogying...  An esctatic crowd, a =
heaving seething mass of of sweat and volume as they sang the songs.... =
that feeling of timelessness - you are in the music and nothing matters =
until the music stops.
Mum and Dad and myself getting the taxi back to penn and having a hotdog =
on the sidewalk and then dozing off inside the station while waiting for =
the train back to new brunswick, NJ.  Bowling through the door of the =
house I was staying in at about 3 am singing at the top of my lungs (sotto =
voce!)...  Ahhh, pete may have left but my memories haven't!!!

--Boundary_(ID_P4CZnP4FMY3Skcc8qVePwQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Microsoft Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT=
: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>I remember the gig well (got no idea what songs were =
played I=20
just remember that amazing feeling of being locked into the music).&nbsp; =
Mum=20
and Dad were above and behind me and I remember looking over my shoulder =
and=20
seeing the oldies just gettin' down and boogying...&nbsp; An esctatic =
crowd, a=20
heaving seething mass of of sweat and volume as they sang the songs.... =
that=20
feeling of timelessness - you are in the music and nothing matters until =
the=20
music stops.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>Mum and Dad and myself getting the taxi back to penn =
and=20
having a hotdog on the sidewalk and then dozing off inside the station =
while=20
waiting for the train back to new brunswick, NJ.&nbsp; Bowling through the =
door=20
of the house I was staying in at about 3 am singing at the top of my =
lungs=20
(sotto voce!)...&nbsp; Ahhh, pete may have left but my memories=20
haven't!!!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_P4CZnP4FMY3Skcc8qVePwQ)--