Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Humpy (was Current listening indulgences)

Jane R bunge91@hotmail.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 09:34:54 +1000

A Humpy is a temporary bush shelter used by Aborigines; gunyah. or any rough
or temporary dwelling; a bush hut. [Aborig.; Yagara ngumbi]

Jane

>From: Lina Yune <midoil2001@yahoo.com.au>
>To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
>Subject: RE: [Powderworks] NMOC: Humpy (was Current listening indulgences)
>Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 03:32:11 +1000 (EST)
>
>Well,
>
>Let me try to have a little fun, and try to guess the meaning.....
>Humpy...I would assume, by reading the rest of the sentence might be either
>hammock, or bench, or small camper, or gazebo?
>
>let's see if I am even close...
>
>Looking forward to find out...
>
>Lina (who is goofing off at work)
>
>Bruce Robertson <the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>What in the name of garth is a humpy? Surely only an Australian could make
>sense of the lines below!  :)
>
>bruce in calgary
>
>Jane R <bunge91@hotmail.com> wrote:
>You mean under dead gum trees in my humpy. mmmm that euculyptus smells good
>;-)

>Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals

>Yahoo! Mobile
>- Check & compose your email via SMS on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile.

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get five times more storage - 10MB
in your Hotmail account. Go to
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au