Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The demise of MO

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Fri, 09 May 2003 22:10:04 +0800

At 09-05-03 09:59 AM -0400, bmounier@sympatico.ca wrote:
>I thought it intersting how Rob, when asked something about the band
>splitting, immediately answered:
>"The band didn't split. Pete left."
>
>I'm trying to make sense of this. Yes, when people split, they usually
>leave... So I'm missing the nuance here...

To say "the band split" gives the impression that they all went their
separate ways.  I think what Rob is trying to say is that only one member
went his separate way, the rest are still as together as ever.

If you are interpreting the word "split" in it's slang meaning of "let's
split" meaning "let's get out of here", then you should note that it's not
really used in that context much in Australia.

jeff...