Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC:Rabbit Proof Fence

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:29:53 -0500

- Beth
-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Julian Shaw
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 4:22 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] NMOC:Rabbit Proof Fence

Whoa there, no need to get offensive!

Surely you guys are talking at cross purposes. Matt said he didn't want
JH
to apologise because it was not his personal fault. Damien surely you
are
not saying it is John Howard's fault! And surely Matt does not mean that
the
Government was not to blame. John Howard could apologise on behalf of
the
Government surely and not accept any personal blame?!

So what is the problem with John Howard apologising on behalf of the
Government? Surely the Government can't deny guilt when these things
were
happening only a generation ago. The Government after all is more than
just
the present administration. You wouldn't expect governments to shirk
their
responsibility because it happened under a different administration.

Julian Lewis Shaw
Man, Myth or Monkey? Find out:
http://www.jlshaw.co.uk