Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:50:11 EST

--part1_8.358d9b22.2ba942f3_boundary

In a message dated 3/17/2003 7:39:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nedkellytheking@hotmail.com writes:

> Haha...if that's the case then the Oils will definitely get into the hall of
>
> fame.  I mean after all Rolling Stone has done such a good job of giving
> the
> Oils soooooo much credit and they obviously love the band sooooo much.
> Nope...I'm not bitter about that one at all....

I agree that the Oils have pretty much fallen off the map as far as Rolling
Stone goes for the last 10 years, but they actually used to get some pretty
decent coverage in the late '80's/early '90's.  They got excellent reviews
for
both their albums and live shows during that period, and in June of 1990
they were featured in an extensive article by longtime RS writer
and huge Oils fan David Fricke.  For whatever reason, after 1993
RS has pretty much ignored them.  Guess they're more interested
in doing things on Brittney Spears and Christina Aguilara these days.

Mike

--part1_8.358d9b22.2ba942f3_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 3/17/2003 7:39:36 PM Pacific Standa=
rd Time, nedkellytheking@hotmail.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Haha...if that's the case then=20=
the Oils will definitely get into the hall of <BR>
fame.&nbsp; I mean after all Rolling Stone has done such a good job of givin=
g the <BR>
Oils soooooo much credit and they obviously love the band sooooo much.&nbsp;=
 <BR>
Nope...I'm not bitter about that one at all....<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I agree that the Oils have pretty much fallen off the map as far as Rolling=20=
<BR>
Stone goes for the last 10 years, but they actually used to get some pretty<=

decent coverage in the late '80's/early '90's.&nbsp; They got excellent revi=
ews for<BR>
both their albums and live shows during that period, and in June of 1990 <BR=

they were featured in an extensive article by longtime RS writer<BR>
and huge Oils fan David Fricke.&nbsp; For whatever reason, after 1993 <BR>
RS has pretty much ignored them.&nbsp; Guess they're more interested<BR>
in doing things on Brittney Spears and Christina Aguilara these days.<BR>
<BR>
Mike</FONT></HTML>

--part1_8.358d9b22.2ba942f3_boundary--