Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Fit

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:45:21 -0500

I guess my subconscious went back to basics last night ... This one came
immediately to mind (particularly the latter verse)

There's a shit storm a'coming
I feel it coming soon
There's a time and a place
And a moment in space
When the fat boys call the tune
There's a bubble a bouncing
And it's bouncing my way
There's two sticks in the powderworks
I think it's gonna blow today

There's a shit storm a coming
They're getting in for one free bite
I was taken by surprise
By the glint in the eyes of a sweet campaign
Smelling strongly of lies
You're the original Mr. Clean
But the closeups make you look awful mean
You're just a con man raving saying nothing new

and ...
Girls are not smiling
The stars have gone out
The man with the landslide