Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Scream in Blue and funny story (LMOC)

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:51:47 +1100 (EST)

--0-753268574-1047945107=:75663

I would like to share a very silly, but funny conincidence that happened last week.  I was driving home from work on Thursday.  It was finally nice sunny day, so I had my sunroof wide open, and Scream in Blue blaring quite loud.

Well, I am sure you know that there's that rant that Pete does right between Progress and Beds are Burning.  It's an intro speech that goes :  People of Australia....etc....then goes into repetitive howling "Waste Management....".

Well, right when that rant went on, I turned onto our small residential street.  Thursdays is our waste pick up day, and our pick up was late.  The company who picks up our waste is called "Waste Management".  So, here I am driving with "Waste Management" blaring out of my sunroof full volume.  Finally, when I was turning into our driveway, one of the pick up guys couldn't help, but ask about it.  Of course, the only Oily song he knew was Beds and Blue Sky, but when I explained, we both had a good laugh.

Lina

Sometimes you're beaten to the call,
sometimes you're taken to the wall,
but you don't give in.

Yahoo! Mobile
--0-753268574-1047945107=:75663

<P>I would like to share a very silly, but funny conincidence that happened last week.&nbsp; I was driving home from work on Thursday.&nbsp; It was finally nice sunny day, so I had my sunroof wide open, and Scream in Blue blaring quite loud.</P>
<P>Well, I am sure you know that there's that rant that Pete does right between Progress and Beds are Burning.&nbsp; It's an intro speech that goes&nbsp;:&nbsp; People of Australia....etc....then goes into repetitive howling "Waste Management....".</P>
<P>Well, right when that rant went on, I turned onto our small residential street.&nbsp; Thursdays is our waste pick up day, and our pick up was late.&nbsp; The company who picks up our waste is called "Waste Management".&nbsp; So, here I am driving with "Waste Management" blaring out of my sunroof full volume.&nbsp; Finally, when I was turning into our driveway, one of the pick up guys couldn't help, but ask about it.&nbsp; Of course, the only Oily song he knew was Beds and Blue Sky, but when I explained, we both had a good laugh.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Lina</P>
--0-753268574-1047945107=:75663--