Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] ghosties

Powderlurker . powderlurker@hotmail.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:20:46 +1100

Hi Magnus!

Where were you standing, in that tiny little room (while I still have a
mental picture kinda fresh in my head)?
I was the tall guy  (6'5") with a mohawk... standing centre of the room, at
about the same distance from the front,  as the mixing desk.

Obviously, you enjoyed the show?
What did you think of the Sando?

cheers,
p.l.

>From :   Magnus Holmgren <oznut@swipnet.se>
To :  powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject :  [Powderworks] ghosties
Date :  Sun, 9 Mar 2003 7:36:06 +0100

     Workers,

     I never expected to see them play live, but last night I actually got
to see the
     Ghosties in action. Nice timing on my part since we're only spending a
week or
     so here in Sydney before flying home. They played a nice mix of stuff
from all
     three albums + a new ripper of a song called "Land Where Time Stands
Still" or
     something close to that. A new album is in the works and already half
of it is
     recorded.

     I had a brief chat with Rob afterwards to see if he remembered
"Bucketman" as I
     was known to the band 2 years ago when I won the raffle. He sure did.
My
     girlfriend and I have timed in our visit to the Blue Mountains very
well so
     we'll get to see the Backsliders play there this weekend during the
B.M. folk
     music festival. When I saw them in Melbourne Rob was busy playing with
some
     other band ;) so it'll be great to see him in action with the sliders
as well.

     /Lucky bastard