Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Stop The Drop

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 10:56:34 +0800

Hi all

Plenty of people seem to think this was at the Music Bowl in Melbourne -
from the video it's definitely outside, but I've never been there so I
can't tell!

However I can't find any reference to a show at that venue in 1983.  The
closest is in Feb 1982, but I don't think that's it.  Songs are introduced
as being from the 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 album, and the crowd seems to
recognise them - but that album wasn't released until November 1982.

The other possibility is a reference to a Stop The Drop show at the Hordern
Pavilion in Sydney on 15 June 1984, but I always thought that was an indoor
place.  But again, I've never been there!  So if it turns out that the
Hordern Pavilion is actually outside, that's the one I'm going to go for.

jeff...