Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: but sometimes you gotta just laugh at things

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 00:46:53 EST

--part1_7a.3a70f8cb.2b998c4d_boundary

--part1_7a.3a70f8cb.2b998c4d_alt_boundary

> Axis of Evil Wannabees
>   by John Cleese
>
> Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil," Libya,
> China and Syria today announced that they had formed the "Axis of Just
> as Evil," which they said would be more evil than that stupid
> Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of in his State of the
> Union address. Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the
> new Axis as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are
> just as evil . . . in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim
> Jong-Il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils . . . best at being evil
> . . . we're the best."
>
> Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded,
> although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil.
> "They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. "An
> axis can't have more than three countries," explained Iraqi President
> Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II
> you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So, you can only
> have three, and a secret handshake. Ours is wickedly cool."
>
> International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, as
> within minutes, France surrendered. Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations
> rushed to gain triumvirate status in what has become a game of
> geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan and Serbia announced that they had
> formed the "Axis of Somewhat Evil," forcing Somalia to join with Uganda
> and Myanmar in the "Axis of Occasionally Evil," while Bulgaria,
> Indonesia and Russia established the "Axis of Not So Much Evil Really as
> Just Generally Disagreeable."
>
> With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling
> up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the "Axis
> of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host
> the Olympics". Canada, Mexico and Australia formed the "Axis of Nations
> That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Some Nasty Thoughts About
> America," while Scotland, New Zealand and Spain established the "Axis of
> Countries That Want Sheep to Wear Lipstick." "That's not a threat,
> really, just something we like to do," said Scottish Executive First
> Minister Jack McConnell.
>

> While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making
> fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axes, although he
> rejected the establishment of the "Axis of Countries Whose Names End in
> 'Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application.
> Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.
>
> Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but
> privately world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.

Bawolski@aol.com

--part1_7a.3a70f8cb.2b998c4d_alt_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Axis of Evil Wannabees&nbsp;&nb=
sp; <BR>
&nbsp; by John Cleese<BR>
<BR>
Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil," Libya,<BR>
China and Syria today announced that they had formed the "Axis of Just<BR>
as Evil," which they said would be more evil than that stupid<BR>
Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of in his State of the<BR>
Union address. Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the<BR>
new Axis as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are<BR>
just as evil . . . in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim<BR>
Jong-Il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils . . . best at being evil<BR>
. . . we're the best."<BR>
<BR>
Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded,<BR>
although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil.<BR>
"They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. "An<BR>
axis can't have more than three countries," explained Iraqi President<BR>
Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II<BR>
you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So, you can only<BR>
have three, and a secret handshake. Ours is wickedly cool."<BR>
<BR>
International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, as<BR>
within minutes, France surrendered. Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations<BR>
rushed to gain triumvirate status in what has become a game of<BR>
geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan and Serbia announced that they had<BR>
formed the "Axis of Somewhat Evil," forcing Somalia to join with Uganda<BR>
and Myanmar in the "Axis of Occasionally Evil," while Bulgaria,<BR>
Indonesia and Russia established the "Axis of Not So Much Evil Really as<BR>
Just Generally Disagreeable."<BR>
<BR>
With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling<BR>
up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the "Axis<BR>
of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host<BR>
the Olympics". Canada, Mexico and Australia formed the "Axis of Nations<BR>
That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Some Nasty Thoughts About<BR>
America," while Scotland, New Zealand and Spain established the "Axis of<BR>
Countries That Want Sheep to Wear Lipstick." "That's not a threat,<BR>
really, just something we like to do," said Scottish Executive First<BR>
Minister Jack McConnell.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making<BR>
fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axes, although he<BR>
rejected the establishment of the "Axis of Countries Whose Names End in<BR>
'Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application.<BR>
Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges. <BR>
<BR>
Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but<BR>
privately world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0000ff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D4=
 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" FACE=3D"Lucida Handwriting" LANG=3D"0"><B>Bawolski@aol.co=
m</B></FONT></HTML>

--part1_7a.3a70f8cb.2b998c4d_alt_boundary--

--part1_7a.3a70f8cb.2b998c4d_boundary

--part2_7a.3a70f8cb.2b9981b1_alt_boundary

rclayton@working-systems.com writes:

> Axis of Evil Wannabees
>     by John Cleese
>
> Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil," Libya,
> China and Syria today announced that they had formed the "Axis of Just
> as Evil," which they said would be more evil than that stupid
> Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of in his State of the
> Union address. Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the
> new Axis as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are
> just as evil . . . in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim
> Jong-Il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils . . . best at being evil
> . . . we're the best."
>
> Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded,
> although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil.
> "They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. "An
> axis can't have more than three countries," explained Iraqi President
> Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II
> you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So, you can only
> have three, and a secret handshake. Ours is wickedly cool."
>
> International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, as
> within minutes, France surrendered. Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations
> rushed to gain triumvirate status in what has become a game of
> geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan and Serbia announced that they had
> formed the "Axis of Somewhat Evil," forcing Somalia to join with Uganda
> and Myanmar in the "Axis of Occasionally Evil," while Bulgaria,
> Indonesia and Russia established the "Axis of Not So Much Evil Really as
> Just Generally Disagreeable."
>
> With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling
> up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the "Axis
> of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host
> the Olympics". Canada, Mexico and Australia formed the "Axis of Nations
> That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Some Nasty Thoughts About
> America," while Scotland, New Zealand and Spain established the "Axis of
> Countries That Want Sheep to Wear Lipstick." "That's not a threat,
> really, just something we like to do," said Scottish Executive First
> Minister Jack McConnell.
>

> While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making
> fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axes, although he
> rejected the establishment of the "Axis of Countries Whose Names End in
> 'Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application.
> Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.
>
> Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but
> privately world leaders said that's only because no one asked them

--part2_7a.3a70f8cb.2b9981b1_alt_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 3/6/03 9:55:59 AM Pacific Standard=20=
Time, rclayton@working-systems.com writes:</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" st=
yle=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Gill=
 Sans" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#800080" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2=
 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Axis of Evil Wannabees&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; by John Cleese<BR>
[...]
privately world leaders said that's only because no one asked them</BLOCKQUO=
TE><BR>
</FONT></HTML>