Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Now See Hear news

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:53:00 EDT

--part1_130.211bb72c.2c1bcbec_boundary

In a message dated 6/13/2003 5:49:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> Arrggghh! Might have to look into getting my player converted! This would
> be strange though. If they are not going to release elsewhere why encode to
> region 4 only. It only makes sense to do this when you are wanting to release
> the same thing to different markets at different costs. Surely that was the
> reason for creating the region coding in the first place. If Sony keep it
> region 4 it means they will miss out on a LOT of sales! Mark Seymour's live at the
> Basement DVD and the last Midnight Oil DVD were both multi-region...and I'm
> sure they would have sold a lot more copies because of it!

It's very possible that the disc will be all regions, like the 20,000 Watt
DVD.
I was just speculating that there is the possiblility that it would be a
region 4
only disc.  According to Whammo the format and region encoding are "TBA."
And who knows, maybe it will be released worldwide.
Mike

--part1_130.211bb72c.2c1bcbec_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 6/13/2003 5:49:14 AM Pacific Daylig=
ht Time, julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Arrggghh! Might have to look in=
to getting my player converted! This would be strange though. If they are no=
t going to release elsewhere why encode to region 4 only. It only makes sens=
e to do this when you are wanting to release the same thing to different mar=
kets at different costs. Surely that was the reason for creating the region=20=
coding in the first place. If Sony keep it region 4 it means they will miss=20=
out on a LOT of sales! Mark Seymour's live at the Basement DVD and the last=20=
Midnight Oil DVD were both multi-region...and I'm sure they would have sold=20=
a lot more copies because of it!</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BAC=
KGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0"><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2=
 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
It's very possible that the disc will be all regions, like the 20,000 Watt D=
VD.&nbsp; <BR>
I was just speculating that there is the possiblility that it would be a reg=
ion 4<BR>
only disc.&nbsp; According to Whammo the format and region encoding are "TBA=
."<BR>
And who knows, maybe it will be released worldwide.<BR>
Mike<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_130.211bb72c.2c1bcbec_boundary--