Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] ...Nice things to say about PG

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:04:29 -0400 (EDT)

--0-1553784634-1055275469=:57716

Greetings Workers,

Just a wee comment on the lines below. Like Jim, I met Pete briefly and found him to be very humble in conversation (like Rob, Martin and Jim) and very unlike his stage persona. Someone made a comment about Pete wanting his own room on tour - who wouldn't want a little space, even with an awesome roomie like RH? (settle down ladies.) And of course they'd have the odd falling out over the years.

Also, Pete would have to be a very intense person to keep up the pace he has over the years. Intensity can sometimes be hard to interpret/handle.

And about Pete's musicianship, one could argue the only difference between a singer with his voice and a guitarist/drummer/pianist with their instrument is technology. Pete used his voice to very good effect and is most certainly a musician AND a showman.

cheers,

bruce in calgary

James Warren <jimcwarren@earthlink.net> wrote:

We all have our faults. No one is perfect. I for one respect people's
opinions, but I wish that we would not speculate on this list regarding
a man's motives (in this case, Peter's) and in the process claim that
it is his mistakes that have caused a heap of trouble for the band. It
simply is not fair.

I appreciate the Oils news, but if the subject line says news, let's
just leave it at that. And if we are going to speculate and in the
process criticize without the facts, then let the subject reflect that
that is what we are doing, so that other people don't read it and
expect news and instead read something speculative.

And please let me add that I only know Peter well enough to really
really really appreciate his performance, his connection to fans, his
energy, his passion, and his care for other humans. And I did meet him
once and he was friendly.

-Jim

> At 12:23 PM 6/9/03 +1000, Erin Oneill wrote:

> Pete is  -  a showman, not a musician

---------------------------------

--0-1553784634-1055275469=:57716

<DIV>Greetings Workers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just a wee comment on the lines below. Like Jim, I met Pete briefly and found him to be very humble in conversation (like Rob, Martin and Jim) and very unlike his stage persona. Someone made a comment about Pete wanting his own room on tour - who wouldn't want a little space, even with an awesome roomie like RH? (settle down ladies.) And of course they'd have the odd falling out over the years.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also, Pete would have to be a very intense person to keep up the pace he has over the years. Intensity can sometimes be hard to interpret/handle.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And about Pete's musicianship, one could argue the only difference between a singer with his voice and a guitarist/drummer/pianist&nbsp;with their instrument is technology. Pete used his voice to very good effect and is most certainly a musician AND a showman.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bruce in calgary<BR><BR><B><I>James Warren &lt;jimcwarren@earthlink.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">&gt;<BR><BR>We all have our faults. No one is perfect. I for one respect people's <BR>opinions, but I wish that we would not speculate on this list regarding <BR>a man's motives (in this case, Peter's) and in the process claim that <BR>it is his mistakes that have caused a heap of trouble for the band. It <BR>simply is not fair.<BR><BR>I appreciate the Oils news, but if the subject line says news, let's <BR>just leave it at that. And if we are going to speculate and in the <BR>process criticize without the facts, then let the subject reflect that <BR>that is what we are doing, so that other people don't read it and <BR>expect news and instead read something speculative.<BR><BR>And please let me add that I only know Peter well enough to really <BR>really really appreciate his performance, his connection to fans, his <BR>energy, his passion, and his care for other humans. And I did meet him <BR>once
--0-1553784634-1055275469=:57716--