Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] peters voice+why oils?

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:21:29 -0400 (EDT)

--0-477703926-1054570889=:81357

Howdy Powder Hogs 'n Heifers,

Greetings from the land of mad cows --

mmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooink!

I first heard "Beds..." on the radio and was immediately smitten. The Voice gave the band an instant Australian identity. The music and message were astonishing and when I graduated and began teaching the next year, the Oils showed up in my classroom. They've been there ever since. I got fanatical and joined Powderworks in an effort to find out more about the music, the message, and the band members, most notably PG's alleged Christian faith. I had heard rumours from people who knew him outside of the band.

Anyway, what's kept it interesting (besided the great rock and roll) has been unpacking the layers of the band bit by bit. They're such interesting people collectively and individually.

cheers from the land of mad cows, SARS, West Nile virus and - thank God - the Aurora Borealis!

bruce in calgary

PS ~ And I have to ask of the comment below Seb: Do you mean that there are absolutely no absolutes?  ;)

Or simply that taste must never be disputed?

<sbalcombe@agelessfoundation.com> wrote:
and there are not absolutes
in life

---------------------------------

--0-477703926-1054570889=:81357

<DIV>Howdy Powder Hogs 'n Heifers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Greetings from the land of mad cows --</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>mmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooink!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I first heard "Beds..." on the radio and was immediately smitten. The Voice gave the band an instant Australian identity. The music and message were astonishing and when I graduated and began teaching the next year, the Oils showed up in my classroom. They've been there ever since. I got fanatical and joined Powderworks in an effort to find out more about the music, the message, and the band members, most notably PG's alleged Christian faith. I had heard rumours from people who knew him outside of the band.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyway, what's kept it interesting (besided the great rock and roll) has been unpacking the layers of the band bit by bit. They're such interesting people collectively and individually.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cheers from the land of mad cows, SARS, West Nile virus and - thank God - the Aurora Borealis!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bruce in calgary</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS ~ And I have to ask of the comment below Seb: Do you mean that there are absolutely no absolutes?&nbsp; ;)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Or simply that taste must never be disputed?<BR></DIV><B><I></I></B>
<DIV><B><I>&lt;sbalcombe@agelessfoundation.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
--0-477703926-1054570889=:81357--