Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Farewell??/Name Suggestion

James Warren jimcwarren@earthlink.net
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 23:52:41 -0700

I think I disagree, but only slightly.

I think if the band gets together to play with Pete, that is A-OK,
whenever they decide to do it.  I know there would not be any cashing
in and that's all that matters.  Reputations are earned, and the Oils
is well-earned.  The opinions of the ignorant (those who would accuse
them of cashing in) are irrelevant.

But I completely agree with your view, Jeff,  that the viability of the
four remaining members as a band is absolutely essential (assuming that
they all continue to want to keep on.)

And almost changing the subject...

I'll go a step further and say what my wish for the remainders' new
name should be:  Why not "The Oils."  It describes them, it is
recognizable, it pays homage to their history, it slightly changes the
group's identity (as it should), but it kind of keeps their previous
identity (as it should), and it has a nice ring.  If we had any say in
names and were voting, that would be my vote.

-Jim