Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Questions from the edge of the powderworks list

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:34:00 +0800

At 31-01-03 03:26 PM -0800, James Buntine wrote:

>Another question, I found an old record (with very little info as to its
>origin, although it looks like my Interchords Diesel and Dust record) that
>has two remixes of Beds are Burning - the Kintore East Version and the
>Yuendumu Percapella Mix - and a Long Version of Dead Heart. These remixes
>are good but I have also heard of a Tamarama Mix of Beds, can anyone tell me
>where this mix can be found and if it is very different to Kintore East
>Version as they are both (from what I can tell) very similar in length.

There are four remixes of Beds all up, with seven different names.  The
Kintore East mix you mentioned is also known as the Kintoris Mix or the
Tamarama Mix.  The Yuendemu Percapella Mix is also known as the Percapella
Kangaroo Mix.  There is also a Luongo 7" Mix, and the Instrumental Ayers
Rock Mix.

jeff...