Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] trading shows on Direct Connect

lord aufbau lordaufbau@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:20:16 -0800 (PST)

Would anyone be interested in meeting on one of the
bootleg trading hubs on Direct Connect?  I haven't
been on Direct Connect much lately, but I have never
had much luck finding Midnight Oil shows there.
Perhaps if we all could agree on a hub to meet at we
may have some luck trading shows.

Must of the bootleg trading sites only allow trading
of shn files and require that no mp3 sources be used.
Because shn files are huge that pretty much restricts
the trading to those of you with high speed internet
access (unless someone knows of a mp3 bootleg trading
hub).

Software for converting wav files to shn can be found
at
http://home.att.net/~mkw/mkwact.html

to download Direct Connect software go to

http://www.networkingfiles.com/FileShar/Directconnect.htm

If anyone is interested let me know and I will search
for a good existing hub to use as our home base.  I
don't know how to start a hub of our own, but that may
be possible too.

If some of you are already meeting somewhere on Direct
Connect please let me know!

Brett