Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Blossom & Blood

Brian Jacobs suncrush@lycos.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:05:01 +1200

Knowing that the man's name was Kemel Ataturk would have helped.  From the amazing Dead Heart FAQ:

"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives, you are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehemets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours. You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries, wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are at peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."

---
How stands the city on this winter's night?
The city on the hill, or so they said
The snow is falling down around the armoury
And the city's closing in around my head