Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Powderworks digest, Vol 1 #963 - 12 msgs

Tom Spencer tr_espen@yahoo.com.au
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:42:04 +1100 (EST)

Dear Powderworkers,

Interesting stuff about the Rabbitohs, and Peter G.'s
affection for 'em, but as to commercial sports
generally I would rather hear about music or politics.
Maybe it's all good, but some things are better, at
least to me.

Tom

> ATTACHMENT part 3.11 message/rfc822
> From: "Bjorn Blomquist"
> <bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se>
> To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
> Subject: SV: [Powderworks] What are we here for?
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:52:11 +0100

> messages were NMOC
> messages that
> > having to do
>
> I am surprised to find THAT many messages about a
> band that does not
> longer exist - and in fact most of the messages do
> NOT deal with the
> band. (I wouldn't say that 8 out of 30 are many.)
> THAT fact doesn't
> surprise me though. What Oils news is there today
> and in the future?
>
> > So can we try to keep things reasonably on-topic?
>
> Well, that can be proved difficult. There will never
> be a new Midnight
> Oil album to argue about. And do we really want to
> ones just to have something to discuss?
> Come on, what do you think about their first album?
> Which is the best
> song on it? etc...
>
> Maybe it's finally time to leave this list... I'm
> thinking about it.
>
> I don't mind sports, but Australian professional...
> Errm?!?
>
> Bjorn
>

>  - Drop Bush, not bombs! -
>
> ATTACHMENT part 3.12 message/rfc822
> From: "The Turtle" <turtleoz@hotmail.com>
> To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:12:26 +1100
> Subject: [Powderworks] Re; LMOC - Aussie Sports !
>
> Randy & all Powderworkers
>
> Some of you may recall that Pete made mention of the
> mighty South Sydney
> Rabbitohs (Rugby League) in either the Sydney State
> Theatre show or @ the
> pre-Capricornia release shows at the Metro.
>
> The Rabbits after a 2 year forced hiatus due to the
> greed & power of Rupert
> Murdoch won re-entry after taking News Ltd & the
> National Rugby League to
> court, losing then appealing and gaining re-entry to
> the competition they
> co-founded in 1908.
>
> Souths are seen as being from the 'lower'
> socio-economic end of the scale
> and Pete made mention of the fact that it was a
> major victory for the good
> guys and we should thank our lucky stars that we
> have people like the
> saviours of Souths to fight for what's right !
>
> Save to say that alot of rugby league & sports fans
> in general, hold a soft
> spot for the Rabbits, including Peter.
>
> Red & Green are the colours.
> A Rabbit is the mascot/logo/emblem.
> Rupert Murdoch lost his first ever court case in
> Australia to them.
> They have won the most premierships !
> Russell Crowe, Tom Cruise & Martina Navratalova are
> supporters to name a few
> They are a foundation club!
> They are "The Pride of the League"
> They hopefully now have a few hundred more
> international supporters
> [...]

=====
Put down that weapon, or we'll all be gone.
You must be crazy, if you think you're strong.
         - Midnight Oil

I disown any ads associated with this email.

- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.