Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC:I'm a snowplow, I must now plow on

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:26:29 -0500

--=====================_1132205986==_.ALT

We just started getting our snow delivery - coming down at 4-6 cm/hour in
the last hour right now.

Still, this is not as bad as the April Fools Storm of '97, when our
neighbor went into labor and Dave and I were shoveling 10 cm of heavy stuff
each hour off our shared driveway in shifts until they left at 2am.  We
awoke at 10am and it looked like we never shovelled - 40 cm at least!

Time for my shift.  Thanks for the mental soundtrack.

At 11:59 AM 2/17/03 -0500, Beth Curran wrote:

>30 cm of snow here in the great US Midwest, and counting.  So far I ve
>spent RSIS, ESM, & the better part of my 18-song mix CD digging out.  (I
>prefer to measure nasty jobs not in terms of hours, but as number of
>CDs.)  Had to play Renaissance Man 3 or 4 times to get inspired and stay
>on track.  However, it could be worse Hi, Bruce! you must think I m a
>wussy little pantywaist, eh?
>
>Pass the ibuprofen, somebody - Beth

--=====================_1132205986==_.ALT

We just started getting our snow delivery - coming down at 4-6 cm/hour in
the last hour right now.<br>
Still, this is not as bad as the April Fools Storm of '97, when our
neighbor went into labor and Dave and I were shoveling 10 cm of heavy
stuff each hour off our shared driveway in shifts until they left at
2am.&nbsp; We awoke at 10am and it looked like we never shovelled - 40 cm
at least!<br>
Time for my shift.&nbsp; Thanks for the mental soundtrack.<br>
At 11:59 AM 2/17/03 -0500, Beth Curran wrote:<br>
snow here in the great US Midwest, and counting.&nbsp; So far I ve spent
RSIS, ESM, &amp; the better part of my 18-song mix CD digging out.&nbsp;
(I prefer to measure nasty jobs not in terms of hours, but as number of
CDs.)&nbsp; Had to play Renaissance Man 3 or 4 times to get inspired and
stay on track.&nbsp; However, it could be worse Hi, Bruce! you must think
I m a wussy little pantywaist, eh?<br>