Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] OILS AWAY.............

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:53:38 -0500

LOL!

At 02:13 AM 2/14/03 -0500, Rumor63@aol.com wrote:
>  Im considering getting my first tatoo.  I hate tattoos. I could never
>think of anything I would want on my body the rest of my life.... I think
>after 20 years  I finally found somthing that would be worthy.  It would be
>an honor to have Midnight Oil Inked into my skin forever!!!

During the after party at the Bowery Ballroom gig last May, I saw someone
approach Rob Hirst. They told him that they had heard a rumor that he had
gotten a navel ring.

Well, Rob vigorously denies this, makes a rather "what the .." face.  He
then turns around, stands right up, yanks up his shirt and proceeds to
rather indignantly and exhaustively show that he not only does NOT have a
navel ring or even a navel piercing, but no other body piercing or
modification for that matter.  He was most adamant about demonstrating this.

I would have been rolling on the floor laughing had I not been so stunned
stupid by the display!

So I'm not entirely sure the Oils would feel honored by a tattoo, given
that rather amusing event.