Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Kiss That Girl lyrics

Phil Stanton phil@eqsystems.co.uk
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 02:16:40 -0000

I've got the track on the Euro import of Capricornia. I'd offer
ot digitise it and post it somewhere, but I'm so busy right now
I know you'd hate me for not getting round to it for ages, so
if someone else less useless than me has this CD, maybe they'll
volunteer?

What I DID do though is listen to it and transcribe the lyrics,
so here you go. I'm only uncertain on a couple of words in one
or two lines, it was mostly surprisigly clear to understand. If
you think I'm wrong on anything, let me know.

Phil

KISS THAT GIRL

Creature rise up from the deep and walk on dry land on all fours
Throw your demons to the wind, matinee crowd they want to see you crawl
I can’t explain the difference between a tadpole and a frog
Somewhere in the marshes, see a toxic cocktail has been spawned

Now if you kiss that girl you could lose the lot,
Everything you’ve got if you kiss that girl
If you kiss that girl you could lose the world
You could shut up shop with everything you’ve got

So much promise in the first born crying naked like new life
So much promise, fall in love first time, red petal lips gonna make you cry

Now if you kiss that girl you could lose the lot,
Everything you’ve got if you kiss that girl
If you kiss that girl you could lose the world
You could shut up shop with everything you’ve got
If you kiss that girl
Now if you kiss that girl

Jekyll and Hyde in equal supply
Got so satisfied, well my, my, my
Jekyll and Hyde in equal supply
So satisfied, well my, my, my, my, my, my, my

Say

Now if you kiss that girl you could lose the lot,
Everything you’ve got if you kiss that girl
You can fool the world, but can you fool yourself?
Can you sing the words like you’re someone else?
If you kiss that girl
If you kiss that girl

1-800 time, got the wasted rhyme
Well she’s staring down your production line
Well you can fool the world, but can you fool yourself?
Can you sing the words like you’re someone else?
If you kiss that girl
If you kiss that girl
Kiss that girl
Kiss that girl