Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NML - not oils

Mike Blackwood mikeb@cs.mun.ca
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:13:31 -0230 (NDT)

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Kate Parker Adams wrote:

> It is also sad when people and organizations justify actions in tune with
> the way corporate profiteers behave just because "it's for a good
> cause".  That's kind of like Plato's elusive "benevolent dictator" - the
> fundamental paradigm is wrong, not the values of leadership executing it!

Hmm... did the Gaia crowd actually put out a big marketing push for NML as
the last Oils single?  If they did, I never heard/saw even a trace of it!
Not that I was looking for any promotion of an oils single at all, since I
can't remember the last time I saw any Oils promotion in Canada.  (yes I
can, it was for ESM back in 93)

Oh, well... I still think NML is a great song.  Not an all-time Oils
classic by any means, but a strong "final released performance".  To go
out on a note of international artistic solidarity for a cause they
believe in seems typically Oils, regardless of how that last track may
have been marketed.

Mike