Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] I'm waiting round for those waves and days

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:17:06 -0400

I'm blowing off work tomorrow to go bodyboarding, so I had early Oils music
on my mind as I biked in to work today and it got me thinking.

Just how many Oils songs involve screwing work to go surfing or hit the
beach?  I don't have the early catalog ripped to .mp3 at work so I thought
it would be a fun waste of time to think about it.

The ones I can think of offhand are Bus to Bondi, Koala Sprint, and Surfin'
With a Spoon.  Any others?

kPa

p.s. oh yeah ... a question for you surfer types ... my son has been
bugging me for surf lessons and when he can swim well enough we're going to
learn together.  I did some googling around about kids and surfing and
popped up this link to an inflatable surf board.  http://www.uliboards.com/
I thought it was a neat idea - not only for a novice and a kid but for the
"bike to surf" potential - it rolls up to fit in a pannier or a backpack
with room for a wettie.  That appeals to me, as does the lack of travel
headaches when visiting parents on the west coast.  Anyone familiar with
these?  I'll take answers offline.