Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Midnight Oil Stock

curtis carter arcticbstrd@netscape.net
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 21:39:40 -0400

For the brief moment that I had power earlier today, I noticed an
interesting stock that seemed to do quite well on the Toronto Stock
Exchange...That's right, the stock ticker read : Midnight
Oil....unfortunately I can't remember how much it had gained...but it
couldn't have been too small to make it on the gains list.

Does anyone else know anything about this company????  ...or is it
simply the idea of Oil being used at the end of the name that people in
this crisis clung to thinking...well...since our gas stations are having
a shortage with long line-ups and fist fights over people desperate to
fill their tanks....the stock must be worth something right???

anyway...that's it for me...can't wait til we get our air conditioning
back....our power cut off again this afternoon after a nasty underground
fire at the Yonge & Eglington intersection caused by too many people
using their air conditioners as the temperature soared into the early
30's with the humidex reaching the high 30's and possibly early 40's.