Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 10 years already! Clayoquot Sound Protest

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:24:12 -0400

I saw them three times: twice at the Somerville Theater (1995, 2002) and
once in a club in 1996.

The '95 and '02 gigs blew the roof off the place - fully and completely
amazing groove.  The late '96 club gig was a complete bust - my
powderworker friend and I couldn't believe it was the same band we saw in
'95.  Gord Downie was totally wack and probably high on something, even if
it was only his own ego.  Unfortunately, the band seemed to be indulging
this, making for a bad show.

As Downie now has some solo work out on Rounder, a label based about a mile
and a half from my house, I suspect I will get to see more of both in the
future (in addition to the Hip being on that label).

At 08:41 AM 8/13/03 +0200, The Monkey Family wrote:
>Saw them live last year in London and they were just awesome, blew me
>away...I
>wouldn't judge them on a couple of bad performances.

Kate Parker Adams
kate@dnki.net
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in,
She's gonna dream out loud" - U2 (Zooropa)
go Out Of Mind ... http://www.dnki.net/blog