Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] new music recommendations.... NMOC

Michael mbtigger@charter.net
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:05:50 -0700

HMMM...

Most of these are not new, but the might be "New" to you....

I have been on a "Better Than Ezra" kick lately. They are a trio from New
Orleans with a whole range of influences. Each of their albums sounds
different from thier last. Thier first major Label release "Deluxe" has a
psuedo-country influuence that reminds me a bit of REM - But only a bit Mind
you.  I would also reccomend "How does your garden Grow" as a great "Sonic
assault" album, that is completely different from "Deluxe"

If you are a fan of the Oils and The Cure you might want to Pre-Date them by
a few years and pick up Elvis Costello's "My Aim is True" or "This Years
Model". You might already have them in you collection - but if you don't I
would Highly advise it. Classics like "Pump it up" and "Radio Radio" keep
these albums on High rotation on my cd player.

What else is on high rotation on my CD player? Toad the wet sprocket's album
"Coil".  My favorite Toad album - and thier Final release of all new
material. Brilliant CD - makes me upset that they are no longer together.

And lastely something you might NOT like, but I think is one of the best
albums of the last 3 years. Mark Knopfler "Sailing to Philidelphia".
Listening to the way he makes his guitar sing on that album almost makes me
want to cry.

If anyone wishes to critique my choices and tell me why they are great or
why they stink - You are welcome to do so. Not much else is happening on the
list - Although I will be starting my EO2 tree next week - I have decided to
make my own 2CD compilation with the I and I show and the best of the
Unplugged show - and that will be part of the Tree..

See you later
Michael