Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Rob's book launch/Not Afraid Of Americans

GrnVillageGirl@aol.com GrnVillageGirl@aol.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:10:46 EDT

--part1_54.102466a7.2be0b4d6_boundary

I don't know if he's going to do a book signing, but I wouldn't be surprised.
He'll be all over TV in Oz promoting the book, and there will be a party to
celebrate the publication.
BTW, just in case anyone was left in any doubt about how the Oils feel about
Americans, I quote from page 118: "Over the years, we've come to accept (to
be honest, really look forward to) the often gushing quality of American
compliments, and we now regularly enjoy the company of many like-minded,
softly spoken Americans. In fact, several lasting friendships have resulted
from these dimly lit conversations in the engine-rooms of North America's
clubs, theatres, ballrooms and sheds."
So - Rob is speaking for himself, but having said "we," I don't believe he
meant either the royal or the editorial version of the word.

--part1_54.102466a7.2be0b4d6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff"><FONT  style=
=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial"=20=
LANG=3D"0">I don't know if he's going to do a book signing, but I wouldn't b=
e surprised. He'll be all over TV in Oz promoting the book, and there will b=
e a party to celebrate the publication.<BR>
BTW, just in case anyone was left in any doubt about how the Oils feel about=
 Americans, I quote from page 118: "Over the years, we've come to accept (to=
 be honest, really look forward to) the often gushing quality of American co=
mpliments, and we now regularly enjoy the company of many like-minded, softl=
y spoken Americans. In fact, several lasting friendships have resulted from=20=
these dimly lit conversations in the engine-rooms of North America's clubs,=20=
theatres, ballrooms and sheds."<BR>
So - Rob is speaking for himself, but having said "we," I don't believe he m=
eant either the royal or the editorial version of the word.<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_54.102466a7.2be0b4d6_boundary--