Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Dead Heart Site

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:37:18 -0400

Maurice wrote:

That said, it is fun (I get to listen to every Oils track in
alphabetical
order to verify the exact lyrics :-)
There are too many misprints in Oils lyrics! and for ages I've listened
carefully to Shipyards trying to figure out the correct lyrics.
According to the printed lyrics:
I can't get lost
I can't get confused
But Rob & co. sound like they're singing "can", which makes way more
sense to me in context of the rest of the words of this song, plus they
seem to be taking care to sing clearly, so you'd think you could hear
"can't" if it were there.  Yet there is just one place where you can
clearly hear Pete singing over the background, "And I cannot get
confused" but in all the rest of it, it sounds like he too is singing
"can."

I don't have a live performance of this song, so the CD version is the
only one I've ever heard.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Hmmm....sounds like another potential thread....Worst error in printed
Oils lyrics?